Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oct 19, 2012 - Back to the USA


Left Kelowna around 9 30 yesterday morning, after dumping at Canadian Tire.  At that time I discovered this  minor imperfection to my back bumper.  Oh well  a little Duct Tape, some string and I will worry about having it fixed when I get south.

Customs was easy again, and Agriculture only took one “old avocado that I forgot to throw out” ;  kind of proves the rule of leaving something for them to find.

Got into Prince’s parking lot in Oroville and immediately dismantled the new Canadian phone and took out the SIM card.  Did the same with the old US phone.  Found the old phone did not have a sim card that I could find.  So put everything back.  (Good thing the batteries were not the same size)

Anyway, the US phone still works, so I am on the US number.  Now to find a Virgin SIM card.  Apparently not available in Eastern Washington. 

Also found some Wal marts are not available for overnight parking here.  And Dear Garmin, the Walmart at Omak is not located in that pasture on the side road you took me to.

As dark threatened, and the wind increased to an uncomfortable level,  I pulled into Quincy, WA and found a Hotel that had RV parking.  So for $20 I could stay hooked up and boondock in their lot.  I guess it is more secure than parking along the highway.

Called some of the gals I hadn’t talked to since spring and will be meeting up with Mary R at Yakima this morning so will have company all the way to Pahrump, where many of the SOLOS are gathered before heading into Death Valley.

No comments: