Friday, November 20, 2009

Death Valley to Holtville - comments

Nov 6 – 20
Am falling behind in my posting. Sorry....
Left Death Valley Sunday Nov 8 and spent two nights at SKP Co-op at Pahrump. Still boondocking. Happy Hour with Sally and Gerry and Trish then on to Plomosa Road. Wanted to check and see if Internet and phone worked there. Went out to the Solo Site, very quiet. Nearest RV to me was about a mile away. Could tell by the desert varnish the site hadn’t seen much traffic since January.
On to Holtville LTVA, the pool was closed for repair for the first three days. It is open again now. Lots of work done on it and a chainlink fence around and new paint and cement finish on the pool area.
Very few people here so far, but we have had a couple of campfires and music.
Headed off to Brawley for the Cattle Call Rodeo on Saturday. It was fun but very warm.
First trip to Algodones Tuesday, thanks to guide Jerry. Introduced me to his dentist too, so got my teeth cleaned. Thursday I went down by myself and had four fillings done. (Total cost $180.) So bought my antibiotics for $6.50 and a new pair of glasses (the ones that change colour) for $100. Figure I saved about $1,000 total.
Today is cleanup day and an early night, Going to Yuma to the Balloon Fest tomorrow morning, have to be up by 4 am.

No comments: