Monday, November 10, 2008







Left Tonopah about 8 am after stocking up on groceries and headed for Death Valley. I let the dogs out without leashes this morning in the desert. They ran and ran, Aki was just ecstatic , was a little worried when all I could see was black and red dots on the horizon, but when I whistled they came back.
Arrived at Furnace Creek around noon. RV’s as far as you could see. Didn’t join 49er’s since it was last day. Found a spot in the main campground (guess some people had left already) and parked it (backed in) beautifully after about 5 min of getting lined up. Then discovered both sides of me had noisy generators going full blast. The choice was to grin and bear it, offer to lend one of them my quiet generator or look for another spot. So in spite of the fact that I had already pulled the pullout out, I got it all put back together and after walking around a bit, found another spot that was quieter (not much chance of silence with 10,000 RV’s in the vicinity.) Nice guy saw that I was not a professional backer upper and offered to do it for me, Thank you, thank you…..
Met up with some SKP’s who pointed me in the direction of the solo group, and I went over and joined up. Nice people. Happy hour at 4 pm and met a few more and got invited to a Campfire at Texas Springs. Nice to know that there will be others on the road that I can say howdy too.
Big wind last night. The dogs were a bit nervous and the trailer shook quite a bit, but at daylight we were still right side up and the only thing missing was a chair bag. Will look for it this morning. Coffee with the Solo group at 8 am, Coffee cancelled due to dust storm. Very windy. Someone said that all roads to the north were closed and to the south at Badwater there was standing water on the road. Rain a bit today, maybe flowers later???
Nov 10, 2008 - Nice looking day today… I will head down to Pahrump to get repairs done to plumbing and awning. Love the fact that I can walk again without too much discomfort.

No comments: